Are you looking for a way to hone your leadership skills and give back to the science education community? Consider sharing your time and talents with the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) by applying for a nomination to the NSTA Board of Directors and Council. To learn more about what these prestigious Board and Council positions involve, please join our web seminar on September 17th; it will provide details about the open positions, offer strategies for submitting an effective application, and answer all your questions about the process. The free, interactive program begins at 6:30 p.m. eastern time. Get details on this web seminar and register.
Applications for the NSTA Board and Council are open through October 9th.
Board of Director offices to be filled in the 2014 election are:
- President – Term of office: 3-year commitment beginning June 2014 through May 2017(Year 1 as President-elect; Year 2 as President; Year 3 as Retiring President)
- Division Directors – Term of office: 3-year commitment beginning June 2014 through May 2017
- Multicultural/Equity in Science Education
- Preservice Teacher Preparation
- Research in Science Education
Council offices to be filled in the 2014 election are:
- District Directors – Term of office: 3-year commitment beginning June 2014 through May 2017
- District I – CT, MA, RI
- District VI – NC, SC, TN
- District VII – AR, LA, MS
- District XII – IL, IA, WI
- District XIII – NM, OK, TX
- District XVIII – Canada
Applications can be downloaded at http://www.nsta.org/nominations.