This October, the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) will feature a special strand “Bridging to the Next Generation Science Standards—What’s in It for Me?” at our Conference on Science Education in Portland, OR, October 24-26, 2013. NSTA recognizes that we are at a pivotal point in science education with the release of the NRC Framework and the Next Generation Science Standards. This strand is intended to move educators along the continuum from awareness to an understanding of the NRC Framework and NGSS to implement instructional strategies that help students acquire the skills and knowledge to thrive in a global economy.
- Meeting the Next Generation Science Standards Through Engineering Contexts
- MY NASA DATA: Incorporating SciencePractices in the Classroom
- The NGSS—Make Your Lessons 3-D!
- Engineering Practices: Constructing Ideas for Elementary Teachers
- Using a Patterns Approach to Meet the NGSS in Physics
- Using Picture Books for Professional Development on the Next Generation Science Standards
- Elementary Science Teaching: A Path Toward Content Mastery, Confidence, and Competence
Want more? Check out more than 400 sessions and other events with the Portland Session Browser/Personal Scheduler at http://www.nsta.org/conferences/2013por/.